Is the company behind Speech Blubs, the world leading speech & language development app for kids. We have already helped over 5 million kids – and this is just the beginning! We intend to become the leading player in the early childhood education sector, with the offering of products that will help our users from saying the first words to having all the skills necessary to have a head start in school.
Since we are rapidly growing, we are on a lookout for an iOS Engineer to join our team and help us reach new highs. As we see this position as an integral part of the team, we are exclusively issuing stock options for this position!
Life at Blub Blub:
- 🏋🏼♀️🏊🏽♂️ 24/7/365 access to fitness, saunas and swimming pool in Intercontinental Ljubljana (which is 50m from the office).
- ⏰ Flexible working hours and different home office / office combinations.
- 🏢 Modern open office space in the center of Ljubljana with a sweet terrace overseeing the city life.
- 🥐 Office Breakfast every Friday morning.
- ☕️ Coffee, tea, fruits and snacks always available in the office.
- 🖥 All quality work equipment and software provided (MacBook Pro 14”).
- 🤩 Young, agile and ambitious team with the vision of making an impact.
- 🏖 Two company retreats every year.
- 👨👨👧👧 Team building events (carting, paintball, Woop, etc.), and office events (Christmas party, pumpkin carving, picnics, terrace pizza making, etc.).
- 🍏 Additional Health Insurance covered by the company.
- 🍻 In addition to vacation everyone gets 3 hangover days per year for… well, curing unexpected mid-week hangovers!
- 📝 Full-time contract with 6-month probationary period.
- 💳 Structured pay raise plan based on personal bi-annual and annual goals.
- 📚 Personal mentorship, opportunities to visit conferences, take online technical courses and participate in internal development workshops.
- 📈 Competitive salary, annual bonus and stock option.
Stack we use:
- We support the latest two iOS releases (14 and up).
- We always use the latest Swift (5.6 currently).
- We use REST APIs and Realm database.
- We use Fastlane to deploy and Swift Package Manager.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Excellent programming skills in Swift.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience fixing crashes and from stack tracing tools.
- Knowledge of App Store and app submission processes.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken).
Specific responsibilities for this role:
- Develop features in an Agile team.
- Constantly optimising and improving the current codebase.
- Cooperate closely with designers, product owners and the Android team.
- Learn and adopt new technologies as soon as they are released.
Not essential, but great to have:
- Experience developing apps for children.
- Experience with SwiftUI and/or Combine.
- Experience with CreateML and CoreML and machine learning techniques.
- Experience with augmented reality (ARKit), SceneKit, SpriteKit frameworks.
- Experience developing apps with StoreKit using a subscription business model.
- Contribution to open source projects.
If you want to test our app, let us know and we are happy to send you a promo code!
Lastly, even if you think you don’t tick all the boxes, don’t worry – we’d still love to hear from you! Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!